Friday, September 2, 2011

Another Shazaam - in the making

After taking all week to re-energise myself from working to get ready for the Art Show, then working all weekend at the show, I finally sat down yesterday morning and began to bead again. This is an order I am making for a bride to soon be.

I call this necklace (designed by Rebecca Peapples) "Shazaam" as I think the lightning strike effect reminds me of a kiddies television show years ago.

I have since done some research and discovered Rebecca has converted an Italian upholstery and needlework stitch from the seventeenth century, called Bargello, also called "flame stitch" because its characteristic zigzag pattern resembles flames. 

We are lucky to be able to take something so old and create something very today and very striking. This is the third one I have made. One can be seen in the gallery. 
Thank you Rebecca Peapples.

2 comments:

  1. Greetings Patrick,
    Lovely works, beautiful colors. It is nice to meet you. Thank you for following my blog as well.
    -Eva Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I like this type of blogs which gives beautiful jewelry,Here is another website which also provides jewelries along with supplies and tools also,If you want to see visit beads

    ReplyDelete