Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Sputnik


Since the Art Show a few weeks ago, I have been somewhat "off" my beading 
and I've been concerned I didn't have ideas flowing anymore.
I guess when you work long hours getting ready, labelling, pricing, pack and display it takes a lot out of you. Maybe I just needed a rest for awhile, or maybe I needed to try something new, exciting and challenging.

This is my latest creation and the design has been both exciting, a challenge and heaps of fun to make. 
I am enjoying beading again - thank Heavens. 

20 spikes, 120 x 3mm Swarovski crystals, size 11 and 8 green iris and size 15 grape colour seed beads, with an internal large bead. The finished item is 65mm across from spike tip to spike tip. 
I am going to add a headpin, bale and a chain for the wearer to vary the length.

The ball would also look great as an ornament as it sparkles beautifully. 
My image doesn't capture how much it sparkles.

I shall be writing the pattern for this and making it available very soon.

Praise the Lord I am beading again, the passion returns. 

12 comments:

  1. Your creation rocks!

    The name brought to mind '80s new wave band Sigue Sigue Sputnik. While their music largely blew chunks, they fashioned quite a happening look back in the day :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Lucy, I am not familiar with that band.
      have a great day

      Delete
    2. You dodged a bullet there Patrick!

      Delete
    3. LOL, phewww, glad I did ;-D

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. hello again, thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I am glad you like it.
      Have a great day

      Delete
  3. I like it!
    Do you know: always when anyone uses pearls named "iris" , belongs the jewel me :-))

    lovely greetings
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Iris, thank you for visiting. I use a lot of the Iris colours, they are in my favourites.
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patrick !! amazing bb!! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Patric!
    Cool ball the Sputnik! Very different than others.
    I look forward pattern.
    Just do not be afraid, the ideas coming. You just need a little break sometimes. Just like me.
    Greetings
    Susan

    ReplyDelete